Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow more


We got a good snow fall the other day. (Thursday) Somewhere around 9 inches in the city. Which for St. Louis, is a lot. I had to run some errands, and on one stretch of road, I saw three pileups. First a three car crash, then a two car crash that turned into a four car crash when someone slid into the cop car that was blocking traffic for the two cars. They knocked his bumper off, and pushed him into the other two cars. Then another car that slid off the road. I'm not trying to be mean here, but man, some people really have no clue when the pavement isn't warm and dry. But, just like the mid-west, it started melting pretty soon, and today was mid 60's, and the white stuff is snow more. (ja ja ja)

My frame is painted and ready, but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have it built up by Wednesday, and take it for a ride on my day off. They were only able to do a solid color, so I have to decide if it's worth masking off and painting the lugs like I was going to have them do. Either way, I'm stoked to have it done and be able to get some good road testing/abusing/commuting miles on it.

Marc's frame is coming along about as good as to be expected for how things have been lately. The front triangle's miters are all done, and now I'm getting ready to braze the dropouts to the chainstays. After they're done, then I can do the chainstay miters for the bottom bracket. I got just about done with the miters for the dropouts, when I decided that there needed to be something different. The front fork is going to come from his crashed Fuji. (as it was about the only thing salvaged from the wreck) Plus, it was a carbon fork that he didn't have to buy, the geometry was going to be pretty much the same, so why not. But aside from the fact that it is going to be a fat carbon fork on a steel frame, the look was just different. So... I did a little something with the chainstays to make the dropouts kind of have the same motif going on:


Ok, so it's not exactly the same, but hey. I think it's pretty cool, and it should be at least closer to matching now.

No comments:

Hit Counters
REI Coupon