Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ready to Cook!

Today was the long and monotonous task of hand mitering the chain stays. So I decided to do a step by step photo sequence of what exactly goes into it. (At least that way I could take a break now and then to snap a picture.) If you're really curious, you can check it out here. If you're not all that curious, here's a picture of the end result:


I've also got all the vent holes drilled out, the jig is set, and the torch is itching to be lit. But for now, I'm too bonked. So first thing tomorrow, the tubes will be sanded, scrubbed, and fluxed. The brass will be cleaned, the regulators set, and the fillets will be laid. After that, depending on time, I may start in on mitering the seat stays, or I may just do a bunch of finishing on the welds. Either way, they both need doing.

No comments:

Hit Counters
REI Coupon