Friday, November 21, 2008

Report IV: Sparking one up

After a visit to the doc last week, I still don't have bone connection. But he gave me the all clear to start going on easy rides, and putting a little weight on it. Still no mountain biking, or heavy lifting. But oh well. Should be connected in another four weeks from now.

On the plus side, the frame building is back and going. I've done most the miters, finished the lugwork, bent the fork blades. And the big news, I sparked up the torch for the first time in months, and brazed in the fork dropouts. It makes me smile doing this again. Also, I'm not as rusty as I was afraid I would be. They actually turned out pretty well. On the down side, it's already the time of year that my fingers hurt from cold while I'm torching in the garage. Geez, I missed out on the fall.



Holy lugs:

And, as always, more pictures on my flickr site.

2 comments:

Casey Ryback said...

dude, those drilled lugs look badass.

FelletBrazing said...

Thanks man!

Hit Counters
REI Coupon